Monday, June 29, 2015

Saddlewax Vintage Saddle Archive

The Retrogrouch has limited internet access for the next few days - so blog updates will be likewise limited. But if you checked in for something new today, I don't want to leave you totally frustrated. So I have here a link to a website I recently found that turned out to be a pretty good resource for vintage bicycle enthusiasts. The Saddlewax Bicycle Saddle Archive has a lot of cool information on saddles from around the world - including pictures of different models, catalog scans, and other info. I found it useful when trying to find some information on older Brooks leather saddles, and also on older Cinelli Unicanitor saddles.


I'm not sure how long the site has been there, but it is still listed as "under construction." The page master is Amir, a bicycle collector whom I have encountered from time to time with the Classic Rendezvous group, and I believe we've bought or sold vintage bike components to/from each other once or twice in the past.

Amir is also interested in expanding the information on the site, so if you have anything to contribute -- from interesting older saddles, photos, catalogs, advertisements or more -- there is contact info on the site. Check it out if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment